Adult Cooking Classes:
- Hands-on classes accommodate up to 15 students; demonstration classes accommodate up to 20 students. Most adult classes include wine or beer pairings for age 21 and over. Those wishing to consume alcohol must present valid identification. No exceptions.
- Adult classes are for persons ages 18 and older. While we love children, students under 18 will not be permitted in adult cooking classes. Please check our kid-friendly classes for your aspiring young chef.
- Enrollment is on a first-come first-served basis. Register online at marketbistro.com/cookingschool using Master Card, Visa, or Discover Card, or call The Cooking School at 518-782-0441, Option 1, Press 2. You may register in person at The Cooking School using credit card, cash, or check (within AdvantEdge card requirements). Payment is required at time of registration.
- If a class is sold out, you may add your name to the wait list and will not be charged for the class. If a seat becomes available, everyone on the wait list will be notified by email. The open seat(s) will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Requests for refunds will be honored if the School is notified at least 3 days prior to class (see cancellation policy).
- Doors open for classes 15 minutes prior with students being checked in approximately 10 minutes before the start of the class.
- The Cooking School @ Market Bistro reserves the right to cancel a class for any reason.
- Please bring your confirmation (receipt) to class as proof of your reservation.
Children’s Cooking Classes:
- All Children’s Cooking Classes are hands-on and accommodate up to 12 children per class.
Classes are for children only except for those classes noted for Parent and Child (for our Kitchen Minions, we require that a parent stay in the store during class).
- Taste Bud: ages 5-8*: A parent or legal guardian must remain in the store.
- Junior Chef: ages 9-12-A parent or legal guardian is required to drop-off and pick-up the child.
- Chef Apprentice: ages 13-17-A parent or legal guardian is required to drop-off and pick-up the child.
To ensure your child's safety:
- Parents will need to sign a consent form before their child is allowed to participate.
- The same adult dropping off your child must pick up your child unless prior arrangement is made with Cooking School Team Leader
- Photo ID required upon pick up.
The Cooking School @ Market Bistro’s Culinary Team works long and hard to bring you the best and most popular classes available, and that work begins long before the class is scheduled. With that in mind, we want you to know that:
Refunds for a future class can be issued when cancellation occurs at least 3 days prior to the class.
- By Student: If you are unable to attend a class, you will receive a full refund if you notify the cooking school team leader at least 72 hours prior to the class you are registered for, or you may send a substitute in your place for the class. Unfortunately, refunds will not be issued if cancellation is not received within the time frame stated. If you do not cancel within 3 days of your scheduled class or are a no-show for class, we regret that we are unable to refund any portion of your registration fee.
- By Cooking School @ Market Bistro: We reserve the right to cancel classes for any reason. If we cancel a class, you will be notified as soon as possible and a complete refund will be issued.
The Cooking School at Market Bistro reserves the right to substitute instructors, recipes or ingredients as necessary.
In accordance with state and federal liquor regulations, cooking school students must be 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages. Photo ID is required, no exceptions. Alcohol may not be brought in from outside the classroom.